A chairlift is a type of transport ride that has passengers sit inside cars that dangle from wires whilst being moved to another station in a park.
Cars hang from a steel cable which runs continuously from one end of the chairlift to the other and around large turnaround wheels at each end.
- Maximum height above ground - 160 feet
- Station to station mode
- Chairlift 1 (Chairlift Cars) (Lightning Peaks)
- Chairlift 2 (Chairlift Cars) (Lightning Peaks)
- Thunder Rock Chairlift (Ski-lift Chairs) (Thunder Rock)
- Chairlift 1 (Ski-lift Chairs) (Iceberg Islands)
- Thunder Rock Chairlift (Chairlift Cars) (Thunder Rocks)
- Skyride (Chairlift Cars) (Megaworld Park)
- Skyride (Chairlift Cars) (Alton Towers)
- Cableway (Chairlift Cars) (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Chairlift 1 (Alpine Adventures)
- Chairlift 1 (Rainbow Summit)
- Skyride 1 (Six Flags Great Adventure)
- Skyride 2 (Six Flags Great Adventure)
- Chairlift 1 (Rio Carnival)
- Chairlift 1 (African Diamond Mine)
- Chairlift 1 (Oasis)
- Chairlift 2 (Oasis)
- Chairlifts (Animatronic Film Set)
- Chairlift 1 (Jurassic Safari)
- Chairlift 2 (Jurassic Safari)
- Chairlift 3 (Jurassic Safari)
- Chairlift 4 (Jurassic Safari)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
- Chairlift 01 (Mountain Rescue)
- This ride is commonly used to transport guests up and down large hills and cliffs because of its high maximum height.
- Adjusting the ride's speed can dramatically affect its excitement rating and customer flow. Increasing the ride's speed may increase its number of customers per hour but reduce its excitement, whereas decreasing its speed can have the opposite effect. For example, reducing the speed of Chairlift 2 in Lightning Peaks from 4 MPH to 2 MPH will approximately double its excitement but also halve its ridership.
- Unlike most transports, inclines neither increase nor decrease the speed of the ride's cars. This can make the ride great for hilly terrain or for travelling above other rides to stations at ground level.
- Switching to Ski-lift Chairs will increase the ride's intensity but negate its classification as an "indoor" ride. Thus, the default cars are better in wet weather, whereas the chairs are better in dry weather.
- The ride automatically forms a loop once two stations are constructed and therefore requires a station at each end to function.