The maze is constructed from over 6 foot tall hedges. Guests wander around the maze and can only leave when they find the exit.
- Wooden Fences
- Mini Maze (Excitement: ~1.50; Intensity: ~0.60; Nausea: ~0.00; ~$540)
- Spiral Maze (Excitement: ~1.60; Intensity: ~0.60; Nausea: ~0.00; ~$972)
- North Maze (Fort Anachronism)
- South Maze (Fort Anachronism)
- Hedge Maze (Megaworld Park)
- Chinese Puzzle Maze (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Crazy Castle
- Mini Maze
- Spiral Hedges
- Maze 1 (Ayers Rock)
- Maze 1 (Rollercoaster Heaven)
- Minotaur Maze (Cradle of Civilization)
- Maze 1 (Japanese Coastal Reclaim)
The Hedge Maze has a unique construction interface that can take a little time to learn. There are three modes: build, move, and fill. Also, changing or deleting part of the maze will cost money (unlike the refund that most rides give). A long or impossible maze will just make guests wait a long time and become unhappy. This ride usually needs only a one-or-two square queue line.
Peeps do not care if the maze is "hard" or not, meaning that having a maze without any branching won't affect the excitement rating or quality of the ride. Thus, when building a Maze, one should build one without branching and just make a long corridor to prevent dumber peeps from staying too long on the ride, clogging up the queue line and getting the "I want to get off..."-message.
- It does not appear in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, but another ride similar, the Mirror Maze, does appear.
- It cannot be built underground.
- This ride is called "Hedge Maze" in RCT1.
- When deleting the ride, you do not get any refund. It is wise to save the game before placing in case the arrangement of the entrance/exit doesn't work for you.
- It never breaks down so a Mechanic is never required.
- The music cannot be played on this ride.