This is an operation mode which launches cars at specified speed from the station.
This is an option for following Roller Coasters:
- Inverted Roller Coaster
- Stand-Up Steel Roller Coaster
- Steel Corkscrew Roller Coaster
- Steel Roller Coaster
The Air-Powered Vertical Coaster always runs in this mode. The Reverse Whoa Belly Roller Coaster has a smiliar mode, the LIM powered launch. You can't directly adjust the speed there, the car speeds up more the longer the track is.
Both operation modes allow for a special track design. You build a station, optional track (recommended to make the coaster exciting) and then a steep hill. The cars run through the track and climb the hill until they lose all their speed, then they roll backwards and repeat the whole course until they are back at the station. Just make sure the hill at the end is high enough, otherwise the cars will leave the track and crash. In doubt, save the game before testing! If the launch is too slow, the car will stall on the track.
This track design has several advantages:
- You can build very compact rides
- Your track elements are used twice and so improve your track twice
- Both of this makes such rides cheap and money-efficient
- You can easily synchronize launched rides to increase their excitement
- The ride time is very short, so you can earn money quickly
- The Intensity is usually in a range which most of your guests might ride
You can see some examples in the game:
- The Shuttle Loop comes as predesigned track for the Steel Roller Coaster with the game
- Whiplash in the scenario Crumbly Woods
- The Twisted Sisters in the scenario Megaworld Park
It's also possible to make a closed track using the powered launch, but you are still limited to only one train.