Track has a spiral lift hill and a tubular steel spine, connected to the inside edges of tubular steel running rails. Supports are large tubular steel posts. Trains are held on the track by wheels above, below, and outside the running rails.
Special Track Elements
- Curved Lift Hill
- Banked Helix
- Banked curves - 50° banking
- Maximum height above ground - 140 ft
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Siege Breaker
- Twisty Towers
- Wicked Whizzer
- Gives a very smooth ride, and allows the design of long, fast & twisted track layouts, but no ride restraints.
- Is similar to a Mini Roller Coaster in design.
In Real Life
- Schwarzkopf designs the spiral roller coaster in these designs: Jet Star 2, Jumbo Jet, & Speedracer.
- In Six Flags Great America (Chicago) there is a spiral roller coaster called Whizzer, which has been around since the park's opening in 1976.