Wooden structure with an internal staircase and an external spiral slide for use with slide mats.
- Excitement 1.50 (depends on location, music)
- Intensity 1.40
- Nausea 0.90
- ~3 seconds
- 1-5 (You can change the maximum guest count in the options)
- 8 tiles
- Single Ride Per Admission
- Unlimited Rides Per Admission
The Spiral Slide is small and cheap to build, so it makes a great ride to use early on. If its popularity wanes, try switching to "Unlimited Rides per Admission" in the Operations Options tab. However, sometimes 1 guest won't get off the slide. This ride has a low-capacity, so make only 2-3 tiles of queue line (otherwise, guests will complain about being in line forever).
In RCT3, a Snake Helter-skelter was released.
This ride can be considered one of the more iconic rides in RCT, as it is featured in every installment, and is even used in menu icons in RCT1 and RCT2 (i.e. Build New Rides). The initial colors when first building this ride are red and yellow with brown tiles (also appears on the example screenshot from the New Rides window), and alternatively light blue and pink with lavender tiles.
- Despite having no mechanism or any required power-control, excluding the music option, the slide can occasionally break down.
- The Spiral Slide is based on the helter skelter ride in real life.