Track has a square-section steel spine, connected to the inside edges of tubular steel running rails. Supports are large square-section steel posts. Trains are held on the track by wheels above, below and outside the running rails.
Special Track Elements
- Banked Curves
- Steep Twist
- Banked Helix
- Booster (OpenRCT2 only)
- On-Ride Photo
- Vertical Drop
- Vertical Rise
- Vertical Loop
The 60° possible lift hill is also notable.
- Banked Curves - 50° banking
- Maximum Track Slope - 90°
- Maximum Lift Hill Slope - 60°
- Maximum Height - 239 Feet
- Continuous circuit mode
- Continuous block section mode
- Big 90
- Zygorator 1 (Canary Mines)
- Zygorator 2 (Canary Mines)
- Thunder Twist (Future World)
- Roller Coaster 1 (Dragon's Cove)
- Roller Coaster 5 (Dusty Desert)
- Roller Coaster 1 (Thunder Rocks)
- Roller Coaster 4 (Tiny Towers)
- Oblivion (Alton Towers)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Gravity Gale
- Soul Stealer (requires Time Twister expansion pack)
- Gives a smooth ride with limited scope for special track, but allows vertical track to be built.
- This ride is known as the Vertical Roller Coaster in RollerCoaster Tycoon and as the Vertical Drop Roller Coaster in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2.
In Real Life
- This type of Roller Coaster is made by Bolliger & Mabillard. There is only one real world instance of this ride in the RCT series and that was Oblivion in Alton Towers (RCT1). As of 2006, this coaster type started it's new twister layout with Sheikra in Busch Gardens Tampa, also the trains became available in both 8 and 10 across seating; yet only one uses the ten across seating formation (Griffon in Virginia). As of 2007, the trains also come with a floorless option. Recently, Krake at Heide Park with 6-abrest seats.