|Type||Water Ride / Roller Coaster|
|Description|| The Water Coaster is a fairly standard roller coaster,|
but with two track types: standard steel track,
and water sections which the boat cars splash into.
|Size||Medium - Large (variable)|
|Appearance|| Loopy Landscapes, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, |
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
Track is made up of two steel beams with cross sections in the middle(Similar to a Junior Roller Coaster). The supports are poles made out of steel. The water sections have steel lattice supports.
Special Track Elements
- Banked Curves
- Banked Helix
- Water Sections (not noted in-game)
- Banked Curves - 50° banking
- Maximum Track Slope - 60°
- Maximum Lift Hill Slope - 25°
- Maximum Height - 78 Feet
- Coaster Boats
- Manta Ray Boats (RCT2 only; requires Wacky Worlds expansion pack)
- Flying Boat Ride (RCT2 only; requires Time Twister expansion pack)
- Trilobite Boats (RCT2 only; requires Time Twister expansion pack)
- Roller Coaster 1 (Sunny Swamps)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Fossil Folly (uses the Trilobite Boats)
- Spruce Goose (uses the Flying Boat Ride)
A mixture of a roller coaster and a water splash ride. The boats run on rails, allowing fast spiral turns and steep drops, which can be enhanced by carefully positioned water splash sections.
The "water splash" sections can only be level track, either straight segments or standard-radius curves.
Oddly enough, in Loopy Landscapes, the Water Coaster is listed only as a water ride and can be invented only under the category of 'Thrill Ride'.
In Real Life
The design is based on Premier's Liquid Coaster. RCDB Entry